Job Title: Trainee – Part-Time
Building Science Technician
Reports To: Project Manager, Building Science
Location: Willow Grove, PA
TMI® Air Barrier Testing is seeking an extremely motivated, problem solver individual willing to learn and grow with the company and join our team. The applicant will be working on projects in various states and in the field. The Building Science Technician Trainee will support the Senior Building Science Professional and team by assisting in field testing and report preparation on federal, military and commercial new construction projects. Responsibilities will include assisting in performing targeted Building Enclosure Commissioning (BECx) testing specially related to the Air Barrier System. The trainee will learn to perform, assess, and document water penetration testing, air infiltration testing, air barrier inspections, adhesion testing, air barrier testing and whole building airtightness testing.
1 Provides field support to the Senior Building Science Professional
2 Assists in the performance of testing and evaluations on new and existing buildings
3 Reviews drawings, specifications and performs computations
4 Provide assistance on quality assurance observations
5 Manage time effectively
6 Produces initial draft of work product reports
7 Keeps clients informed of project status and changes
• Highly motivated individual
• Team player
• Excellent verbal and writing skills
• Time management, organization, attention to detail and quality work product a must
• Ability to understand construction drawings and building structures
• Effectively communicate with TMI® team members, clients and subcontractors
• Must be Flexible
• Multi-tasker and able to work independently
• Handle multiple deadlines and changes to schedule
• High School Diploma/Equivalent required
• Associate Degree or Certificate in Construction and Design, Building Science and/or Sustainability preferred (or in process)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Adobe PDF
• Able to travel throughout PA, MD, VA, DC and surrounding regions
• Must be flexible on hours. Some work may require evening hours and/or possibly weekend hours.
• Trainee must be able to carry 50 lbs as required and physically able to climb in and around structures/buildings
TMI® offers a competitive salary and benefits including a bonus program.
TMI® is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you would like a career in building science we would love to hear from you!
Please send your resume to email@example.com.